It was a shorter riding day today, but it seemed much hotter. The temps were in the 90s all day with a heat index over 100. The 300 miles from Saint Louis to Memphis felt very long. I stopped every 60-80 miles to cool off and rehydrate.
I was fortunate to start the day by having breakfast with Keith. We started following each other’s blogs back in 2010 when I first rode through Saint Louis. He came to visit MN after that, and now finally I was able to visit him in MO. We had a nice time chatting and catching up. Below is a picture of my breakfast, you can check out the review: Tree House Restaurant–Saint Louis, MO
I took I-55 south. It was mostly straight and a rather boring ride. There wasn’t much traffic until I got closer to Memphis. Then the large trucks started playing a game of leap frog and slowly the flow of traffic considerably.
One of my rest stops was in Arkansas just near Blytheville. I stayed overnight in Blytheville last time I came through this area.
Then it was the final push into Memphis to visit another friend. My GoPro sadly ran out of batteries by this point, so I didn’t get any pics of the bridge crossing the Mississippi again. I did find this cute bridge while driving around with my friend. Check out the related posts to see pics from my first visit to this area.
- Great River Ride – Day 6 – Five States in One Day
- Great River Ride – Day 7 – Memphis and Mississippi
- YouTube Playlist: Road Trip 2015
- Road Trip Day #10–Iowa, Minnesota, and Home
- Road Trip Day #9–Indianapolis MotoGP
- Road Trip Day #8– Part 2/2 Motorcycles on Meridian
- Road Trip Day #8– Part 1/2 IndyGP and Motorcycle Motorcycle Midway
- Road Trip Day #7–Indianapolis
- Road Trip Day #6–More Mountains!
- Road Trip Day #5–Mountains FTW!
- Road Trip Day #4–Memphis to Chattanooga
- Road Trip Day #3–Memphis, TN
- Road Trip Day #2–MO to TN
- Road Trip Day #1–MN to MO