Progress So Far: (the map seems a bit funky, but close enough)
- The GPS says I have covered a total of 8086 miles (13,013 km) over the 35 days of my trip so far.
- Week1 Miles: 2,161 (308 a day avg)
- Week2 Miles: 1,777 (253 a day avg)
- Week3 Miles: 1,847 (263 a day avg)
- Week4 Miles: 1,394 (199 a day avg)
- Week5 Miles: 905 (129 a day avg)
- Longest Riding Day: 434 miles - Day 23–Stewart to Prince George
- This is now the longest trip I’ve ever taken. The previous was China at 30 days in 2000 still wins.
- This is now the longest motorcycle trip I’ve taken. The previous was 19 days – Great River Ride.
- The most expensive gas so far has been $7.27USD/gallon.
- I’ve taken over 8700 photos this week and hours of video.
- another time lapse to process when I get home.
- Best MPG: 67mpg
- Worst MPG: 36mpg
- New motorcycled states on this trip: Montana, Idaho, Alaska, Washington, Oregon
- New motorcycled provinces on this trip: Alberta, Yukon, British Columbia
- Border Crossings: 5
Week 5 Posts:
- Day 35–Corvallis to Brookings
- Day 34–Portland to Corvallis
- Day 33–Portland
- Day 32–Long Beach to Portland
- Day 31–Port Townsend to Long Beach
- Day 30–Olympia to Port Townsend
- Day 29–Seattle to Olympia
Week 5 Videos: Entire Playlist
- Day 35 – Oregon Coast Part 1of3
- Day 35 – Oregon Coast Part 2of3
- Day 35 – Oregon Coast Part 3of3
- Day 33 – Portland Japanese Gardens
- Day 32 – Broken Rack in Seaside
- Day 31 – Ruby Beach
- Day 31 – Crescent Lake
- Day 30 - Olympia to Port Townsend
- Day 29 - Seattle to Olympia
Week 5 Photos:
Animals I’ve seen so far:
- black bear
- rein deer
- stone sheep
- doll sheep
- wild horses
- bald eagle
- prairie dog
- countless different birds