I recently had to empty out my Roadcrafter before I brought it to Aerostich to get repaired. This is the small pile of stuff that came out in roughly the location in the suit.
- Velcro pocket (easily removed to take with me)
- Insurance card
- Extra cash
- Spare motorcycle key
- Armored shoulder pads
- Extra velcro pocket (handy for holding directions. It can be placed inside or outside the suit on the arm.)
- Armored elbow pads
- Armored hip pads
- Heated coat temperature controller
- Waterproof glove covers from Aerostich “Crab Claws” (these work quite well)
- Armored knee pads
- Waterproof boot covers from Aerostich (these work very well allowing me to wear my vented boots more often)
- Garage door opener
- Waterproof camera (never leave home without it)
Not shown is my armored back protector. I just got some velcro from Aerostich, so I will be mounting it inside to have one less thing to take on and off. Yes, it’s a lot of armor. I like ATGATT (all the gear all the time): helmet, gloves, boots, riding coat & pants. The roadcrafter is waterproof, so I don’t bring extra rain gear anymore. Just the suit, and I’m done.
What gear do you keep in your gear? How much stuff are you wearing inside your gear? Write it up, and I’ll put links to posts below.