Today’s (August 12, 2011) destination was Chicago! Since my visit last year, Sharon aka Sojourner of Sojourner’s Moto Tales have kept in touch regularly. When she heard about my trip this year, she graciously offered to let me stay at her place in downtown Chicago.
I left mid morning, and thanks to the time zone swap arrived just after lunch. The traffic wasn’t as crazy as it was last time, but it was still fun. Chicago has its own unique road vibe.
We spent most of the afternoon catching up. We went for a walk later in the day to see the sights and to get dinner. I love how easy it is to just walk in Chicago. Everything requires driving or riding in Minnesota; everything is too spread out.
I didn’t want to carry my DSLR, so Sharon offered to let me play with one of her smaller cameras. The only condition was I had to use manual settings. I accepted. She was a good teacher. I think I actually learned a couple things. Thanks!
Walking along the river was nice.
Jack Riepe, this one is for you.
This is for the rest of you!
I enjoyed the walk looking at all the buildings and the swarms of people. I had fun playing tourist.
After what seemed like a short walk, but it was actually well over a mile, we arrived at dinner – Karyn’s Cooked.
Sharon was too generous and insisted on paying. We both loved our food. My mouth is watering just thinking about it as I write this. I will likely write a post about it on my other blog.
Did I mention I like Chicago’s skyline?
Next time I visit, I will have to take a water taxi.
The walk back along the Riverwalk was relaxing.
Thanks again for the hospitality Sharon!
View Larger Map
About 200 miles today. States: IN, IL.
- BigTrip2011 - Day 14 - Motorcycles and Gold
- BigTrip2011 - Day 13 - Riding West
- BigTrip2011 - Day 12 - Jack’s Obstacle Course
- BigTrip2011 – Day 11–A Trip to the Beach is the Cure
- BigTrip2011 – Day 10– Gold at the End of the Slab
- BigTrip2011 – Day9 – WWI Military Expo Video
- BigTrip2011 – Day8 – Raingear to the Rescue
- BigTrip2011 – Day7 – Mountains and Rainstorms
- BigTrip2011 – Day6 – NY & VT – Adirondacks and a Ferry
- BigTrip2011 – Day5 – Buffalo, NY to Watertown, NY
- BigTrip2011 – Day4 – Buffalo, NY
- BigTrip2011 – Day3&5 Videos
- BigTrip2011 – Day3 – OH, PA, NY – Lake Erie and Niagara Falls
- BigTrip2011 – Day2 – Indiana to Ohio – MotoVlogger Meetup
- BigTrip2011 – Day1 – Minnesota to Indiana
- Trip Starts After More Delays!
- Announcement: Big Trip of 2011!